Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DHMO

Would you give DHMO to your mother?
NO!!!!
Do you think the government should research (spend money) to better understand health effects of DHMO?
Yes I do – if it is so dangerous, I believe that it should be very well understood just what the side effects are and at what levels. What are the side effects if is combine with other chemicals? And so on. I believe that if a chemical is being used (especially in everyday use), we should know everything about it. And if it does have positive side effects (stronger emotional connections and athletic performance) then we need to test it and weigh it with the consequences. From my small understanding, this chemical needs to be monitored (form and amount) by all who use it.

Scientific Method for response:
·         I was given the question
·         I then needed to make a hypothesis – I said “no”
·         I used the FAQ page on the website provided (www.DHMO.org) to research was it was, what it was used in, its known side effects, etc.
·         My hypothesis remained the same
·         I then continued to search for uses
·         Some of the uses are very common and it does have some positive side effects
·         I am not sure if these results alter my hypothesis yet, but I feel that I would need to do more research to come to a better conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment